Spring 2021 Commencement Information
The spring 2021 commencement ceremonies will be held in-person on Thursday, April 29, 2021 and Friday, April 30, 2021 in the Humphrey Coliseum on the Starkville Campus. Graduates must arrive no later than 30 minutes prior to their ceremony start time. Graduates and faculty will enter in the rear of the Coliseum close to the SE entrance to Dudy Noble Field. This is also where graduates will exit the Coliseum after walking across the stage.
FACIAL COVERINGS MUST BE APPROPRIATELY WORN, OVER NOSE AND MOUTH, DURING THE ENTIRE CEREMONY (please bring your own)
Please read through these important notes about the ceremonies:
- Security screening will take place upon entry and all bags are subject to search.
- Please DO NOT bring personal items into the Coliseum. There will not be any storage areas available and anything left in seats will be thrown away.
- There will not be any concessions or water fountains available. (Guests may bring a clear water bottle)
- Guest seating will be spaced into pods of four seats and some rows will be blocked. Unusable seats will be physically roped off and tampering with any barriers will result in removal from the Coliseum.
- Graduates will be seated after check-in and there will not be a processional.
- Graduates will receive a diploma cover as they cross the stage. Physical contact with anyone on stage is prohibited.
- After graduates are recognized by crossing the stage, they WILL NOT return to their seats. Instead, they will be guided to the photography area where they will have an opportunity to remove their facial covering for one photo before exiting the Coliseum.
- Guests are asked to begin leaving once their graduate exits the stage. Please do this quietly with respect to other graduates and guests.
- Please plan to remove all vehicles from the parking areas promptly after the ceremony to make space for guests attending the following ceremonies.
- Re-entry into the Coliseum is prohibited.
- Each ceremony is expected to last roughly 1.5 hours.
- Any guests who are unable to attend may view a livestream of the ceremonies online (links can be found below).
Guest attendance is limited to four per graduate and all guests must have tickets to enter (regardless of age). Ticket information can be found below.
Spring 2021 Ceremony Divisions are as follows:
THURSDAY, APRIL 29, 2021
8:30 a.m. (Doors open at 7 a.m.)
College of Arts & Sciences (undergraduates only)
1:30 p.m. (Doors open at 12 p.m.)
College of Education (undergraduates only)
College of Business (undergraduates only)
FRIDAY, APRIL 30, 2021
8:30 a.m. (Doors open at 7 a.m.)
ALL Graduate Students (masters/specialists/doctoral)
*ALL graduate students will attend this ceremony regardless of academic college.*
College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
1:30 p.m. (Doors open at 12 p.m.)
Bagley College of Engineering (undergraduates only)
College of Architecture, Art & Design (undergraduates only)
College of Veterinary Medicine (undergraduates only)
College of Forest Resources (undergraduates only)
Academic Affairs (undergraduates only)
**GRADUATES MUST APPLY FOR THEIR DEGREE THROUGH BANNER IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THEIR DIPLOMA. (Diplomas are mailed 4-6 weeks after the ceremonies)**
(Please note that all plans are subject to change.)
Spring 2021 Guest Ticket Information
Guest tickets are now available and instructions for claiming them are below. Each graduate may invite four guests and tickets will be available until the day of the ceremonies.
ALL GUESTS MUST HAVE A TICKET TO ENTER THE COLISEUM!
Tickets are specific to each ceremony, so please be sure your tickets are for the correct time.
TICKET INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALREADY ACTIVATED STUDENT ACCOUNTS
If you have purchased football season tickets during your time at MSU, you have previously activated your Student DogTag account so please follow the instructions below:
1. Under "Already Registered" enter your Student ID and the password you created upon activation. (If you have forgotten your password, click the "forgot password" link and a temporary password will be emailed to you. Follow instructions in email to update password.) **Note: This login is for your student DogTag account, which is separate from your Hail State Rewards account.**
2. Under the header "Graduation Ceremony," click Find Tickets.
3. Enter the quantity, up to 4, then click Add to Cart.
4. Verify the number of tickets you are getting and click Checkout.
5. On the Payment Screen, it will have a $0 balance.
6. Click "Place Your Order" (you should then be taken to a confirmation screen).
7. Tickets will be sent to your email address to print/download.
TICKET INSTRUCTIONS FOR NEW OR NON-ACTIVATED ACCOUNTS
If this is your first time using the athletics website, follow the steps below to activate your student DogTag account prior to claiming tickets.
1. Click "Register" and enter your Student ID and click Activate.
2. On the next page enter and confirm a password and update your contact info. Click Next after finished updating.
3. Follow steps 2 through 7 above.
PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE BEFORE PROCEEDING TO TICKET SITE
LOGIN HERE TO ACCESS GUEST TICKETS
If you have any issues claiming your tickets, please contact the Ticket Office at (662) 325-2600
Regalia Orders (Cap & Gown)
Please contact Barnes & Noble at MSU to place your regalia order. Additional regalia information can be found at www.gradsupply.com/msu
- All Bachelor, Master, and Specialist graduates may keep their entire regalia package.
- Doctoral graduates may only keep their cap & tassel. Please return your rental gown and hood to Barnes & Noble at MSU following your ceremony. (If you are interested in purchasing your gown and/or hood, you will be given the option when you check-in your items at the bookstore.)
- Regalia distribution will take place from Tuesday, April 20 - Friday, April 23, 2021, from 8am-5pm, inside the Barnes & Noble at Mississippi State. Please see the link above for additional information regarding commencement regalia.
View our new, custom regalia here: MSU Custom Regalia
MSU faculty may order commencement regalia using this link: www.gradsupply.com/msu-faculty
MSU is proud to offer custom regalia to our graduates. All regalia must be purchased from the link above, or through Barnes & Noble at MSU.
Professional photography, Pro Pics, will be available on campus for graduates during cap & gown pickup at Barnes & Noble at MSU on April 20-23, 2021 from 8am-5pm. All graduates are invited to have their photos taken outside at the bulldog statue in the Junction. You can make an appointment by going to www.MSUphotos.com or stop by at any point during the regalia pickup times (walk-ins welcome). There is no cost to have your photo taken and no obligation to purchase.
Pro Pics will also be availabe at the commencement ceremonies to take portraits of graduates. Photos of the graduates with the President, as well as individual portraits, will be available for purchase from Pro Pics following the ceremonies. In order to identify your photos and receive proofs, please visit www.MSUphotos.com to submit your information.
Questions about these photo opportunities can be emailed to: email@example.com
Commencement Parking Map
Please click the button below to view and/or download the commencement parking map. If you have any issues viewing the map, please contact us for assistance.
Please click the button below to view and/or download the Coliseum diagram. If you have any issues viewing the diagram, please contact us for assistance.
Livestreams of Ceremonies
If you wish to watch the Starkville Campus Commencement Ceremonies but are unable to attend, you can still watch the live ceremonies online! The following links may be used to access the livestream that will broadcast the live ceremonies:
The livestream will also be available on the official Mississippi State University Facebook page (@msstate).
Spring 2021 Commencement Lunch
Congratulations Graduates! All spring 2021 graduates and their guests are invited to join us for a special lunch at the Marketplace at Perry on April 29th and 30th from 11am-2pm.
To make reservations or request additional information, such as pricing and menu options, please click on the graphic below. Any guests who have issues viewing this information can contact the Marketplace at Perry directly at (662) 325-3663.
- Fall 2020
- Spring 2020 Stephen D. Lee Recognition
- Spring 2020 Virtual Ceremony
- Fall 2019
- Spring 2019
- Fall 2018
- Spring 2018
- Fall 2017
- Spring 2017
- Fall 2016
- Spring 2016
Starkville Campus Commencement Ceremonies
Mississippi State University holds multiple main campus commencement ceremonies in the Humphrey Coliseum at the end of the fall and spring semesters. Students who graduate at the end of the summer semester are invited to attend the December ceremony.
**NOTE: Students should refer to the Academic Calendar for graduation application deadlines and ceremony dates.
Students who plan to graduate in May, August, or December must apply for graduation by the dates published in the MSU Academic Calendar. If a student fails to graduate in the term for which they have applied, they must reapply during the term in which all degree requirements are met. Degree applicants must also pay their MSU account balances in full, prior to the graduation ceremony.
*Please see the information above for ceremony times and details*
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) Commencement Ceremonies
The spring 2021 DVM ceremony will be held on Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 2:30pm in the Humphrey Coliseum. An award ceremony will take place prior to the main ceremony from 1-2pm. Please contact the Vet School for more information regarding the DVM Ceremony at (662) 325-1078.
Meridian Campus Commencement Ceremonies
The Mississippi State University Meridian Campus (MSU-Meridian) commencement ceremonies are held at the MSU Riley Center in Meridian, MS. The ceremony times are as follows:
Spring 2021 - Monday, May 3, 2021 (Times TBA)
For additional questions regarding the MSU-Meridian Commencement Ceremonies, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Degrees are awarded after the appropriate representatives from the colleges and schools have reviewed the student records and notified the Office of the Registrar that students are cleared to graduate.
University Degree Audit (CAPP)
All MSU students have access to the degree audit system CAPP (curriculum, advising, and program planning) in myState.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE COMMENCEMENT CEREMONIES, CONTACT:
Office of the Registrar
Mississippi State University
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT GRADUATION & DEGREE AUDIT, CONTACT:
Office of the University Registrar
P.O. Box 5268
Mississippi State, MS 39762-5268
(662) 325-4123 or (662) 325-9407
Office Hours: M-F 8:00-5:00